YOUR HEALTH MATTERS HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAM
The Your Health Matters Health & Wellness Program bridges the gaps between exercise, nutrition and behavior modification.
Your Health Matters HEALTHY HABITS
Want to lose weight?
Want to improve your fitness?
Want to improve your nutrition?
Want to break unhealthy habits?
Your Health Matters Health & Wellness Program includes motivating, measurable and effective behavior modification techniques that break unhealthy cycles to get you on the path to lifelong health and wellness!
Your Health Matters FITNESS
This is a fun, motivational exercise program for people of all fitness levels.
START WHERE YOU ARE and PROGRESS!
All workout sessions are taught by Nancy Stilson-Herzog, a certified personal trainer.
Exercise Sessions Include:
- Cardio training using a variety of cardiovascular machines: treadmills, bikes, elliptical trainers and more.
- Strength training using hammer strength equipment, free weights, resistance bands, TRX straps, fitballs and more.
- Classes include core strength, balance training, and a variety of stretching methods.
- Workouts adapted to individuals needs and limitations.
Your Health Matters INTENSIVE NUTRITION
The Your Health Matters Intensive Nutrition Class series is designed to take participants a step at a time towards optimum health and wellness through healthy eating and fitness for life.
Participants put into practice and learn pro-active healthcare, how to lower cholesterol, blood pressure, improve bone health, decrease stress, prevent and reverse degenerative diseases and more.
All nutrition classes are taught by Nancy Stilson-Herzog, a certified health and wellness coach.
Nutrition Classes Include:
1. The Inner Workings of Your Body as it relates to exercise and nutrition. You will gain an understanding of metabolisms, why our bodies are meant to move and exercise, and the process it takes to get fit. Learn the significance of plateaus and how to push through a plateau safely. We will address the bodies immediate response from the foods we eat and the damaging inflammatory responses of certain foods. We will discuss the progression of dis-eases, how you can reduce inflammation and fuel your body for healthy living.
2. Become An Educated Consumer. Learn who you can trust when it comes to health information. We will define what moderation is as it relates to your health. We will discuss grocery shopping, dining out tips and our recommendations for fast foods.
3. Food Additives and Reading Food Labels. We will look at common food categories like cereals, pastas and breads and evaluate their nutrition content. We will cover food additives and chemicals and assess their safety and precautions.
4. What Foods Can Do for You. You will learn the tremendous benefits of a plant based diet and the importants of including; starches, beans and legumes, vegetables, whole grains, fruits, and a limited amount of raw nuts and seeds.
5. Breaking Habits. We will discuss strategies for overcoming emotional and stress eating, breaking patterns, the dangers of sugar, fat, and salt addictions and committing to a healthy lifestyle.
6. The Health of Our Planet, How to Stay on Track and Tips for Success. Learn how plant based eating helps the health of our planet. We will discuss strategies to help you stay on track, what to do if you get "off" track and how to continually put into practice what you've learned.
7. Bonus Class - Food Demonstration. Includes tastings, food demo and recipes.
Rates and Class Options: Please visit the YHM Options page.
To Register Call: Nancy Stilson-Herzog 970-231-7201
Note: Your Health Matters Fitness & Nutrition Classes are ongoing sessions throughout the year and are held at The Other Club Fittness Center. Please call Nancy to find out when the next session is.
Fitness & Nutrition